Saturday, February 18, 2006

Weekend Update - Grand Opening

Well, I didn't want to lump this in with the other somewhat rough natured post, so here it is.

THE WEEKEND UPDATE part. 1

Got some sweet music for youz to check out. I heard these on an indie internet radio station.
Anberlin - Paperthin Hymn (a good christian hard rock band)
American Rockstar - I got mine
Panic! at the disco - I write sins not tragedies
The State - January

So there's four that I found interesting, maybe someone else will too. And if it turns out that Drew is the only one who really reads any of this drivel, well, that's ok too. Watched The Longest Yard last night. Without fail in every football movie, the big guy always runs in a touchdown with like three oposing players hanging off his back. It's an unritten code me thinks. Sometimes I really cant think of anything interesting to write... maybe from now on I'll only post when I've actually got anything worth while to say. No sense trying to keep up to the Johnston's, I can't do it. But I'll leave you with some parting thoughts, one lesson no one really learns the hard way, and one I thought no one really did learn the hard way, until I did. Firstly, does broken glass really taste bad? eh, how you gonna learn that one when you're a little gaffer? Not by doing it I tell you that much. And secondly, I feel almost like a war amp when I talk about how a fire cracker exploded in my hand last new years. Pretty close call (I like to exagerate it too), almost took off my arm. Well no, not really. But sweet Moses did it ever hurt. It's like getting your fingers smashed with a hammer, and then having, well for lack of a better analogy, a fire cracker going off right next to your ear. So, as much as throwing fire crackers sounds like good family fun, I'm gonna have to go ahead and dissagree with you on that one. Have a nice day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kyle, you get mad props for being awesome. Perhaps one day we can combine our powers to be the best?

Kyle Turner said...

Combining two such powers might be detrimental to humanity. But yeah we'll give it a go.

Drewfasa said...

This one time, when I was about 8...this kid I met at a camp ground was lighting fire crackers. I had never seen them before and thought they were the best thing ever. One of them didn't go off, so I put it in my pocket to save (only a stupid 8 year old would want to save a dud fire cracker). About a minute later, it somehow went of in my pocket, which really hurt, because 8 year old jean pockets are pretty small and 8 year old jeans are pretty tight. I was really worried that I might have blown my nuts off.

Never stick a firework that has previously been lit in your pocket.

ps - I think you guys should combine powers, and then overthrow the government(s).