Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Ricky Gervais Show


If any body anywhere has not heard of the Ricky Gervais Show, you are missing out. Mary mother of Jesus is it funny, yes it is. Ricky Gervais, for anyone who doesn't know, is the creator/director of The Office (UK not US) and the show Extras. He does a podcast on iTunes with his co-writer Steven Merchant, and their XM Satellite Radio producer Karl Pilkington. This man is the funniest human being you will ever laugh at. It's brilliant. The funniest thing I have ever listened to bar none. I was listening to it on my iPod last night trying not to laugh so loud as to wake up my parents. If any one doesn't have iTunes you should anyway, so get the Ricky Gervais podcast when you're at it. I give it full marks.

Also available through iTunes are internet radio stations (also available on other media players) my favourite of which is an indie station called idobi. So iTunes is really sweet, and I personally am saving up for an iBook for "school" this fall. Apple sure does know how to make stuff that is cool.

So, I was thinking I would put my bike back on the road soon, then it got really cold. I don't have any indoor space to work on it, and it's still battered from my encounter with a ditch last summer on the way to Big White. If any one is feeling absurdly generous and would like to buy me a new bike, that would be real sweet.

Last of all, I think I'll put out the first "New Weekend Update" this weekend (which is a first as you may know). It's basically the same old post with a fancy title, so be prepared for the same old drivel. Peace.

1 comment:

Drewfasa said...

Ricky Gervais is all the rage over here. I must admit I haven't even checked him out because I don't totally trust Bristish taste (some of the music here verily sucks) but having heard it from you, Kyle, I will definitely download it onto my Ipod which is stuffed. I wonder which artist will get the axe on the ipod in order to fit Ricky?

Also, if I had some money, I would definitely buy you a bike, one for me too, and we could haul ass all the way to Tijuana.