Sunday, February 19, 2006

V for Vendetta


So this post is in honour of Drew Johnston, my favourite anarchist. Watched a preview of the movie "V for Vendetta", which looks like a pretty good movie, unless you're an anarchist, in which case it'll be your absolute favourite. It's about this dude who takes on a futuristic totalitarian British gouvernment (funny Drew lives in Britain). All the synopsis aside there was a super sweet-ass line in the preview that goes a little something like this, "The people should not fear their gouvernment, the gouvernment should fear the people." That totally rocks. I hate when people just whine about how the gouvernment sucks and this and that, but they do nothing; talk is cheap. Now, I'm not anti-gouvernment per say, but more so anti-crappy-gouvernment-who-doesn't-represent-their-constituents-at-all-but-just-does-whatever-for-shits-and-giggles-ism. Yeah, that's what I am. I'm a peacefull man, just as long as I can handle what's going down. But don't prevoke me to rage. P.S. the Vendetta dude looks super creepsters. If I were overthrowing the gouvernment I'd dress a little more chic/urban-commando.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Kyle....GOVERNMENT.

Are you coming over to the Thetis Island this summer between say, July 1st and August 12th? If you do per chance to mosey on over, you may find me there!

Peace out orange sweatpants kid

Drewfasa said...

Perhaps this Vandetta man can give me some ideas...hmmmm....