Monday, March 20, 2006

Los Conquistadores

Well, you may all be wondering, probably not but whatever, why I haven't updated in like two weeks. Well it's simple mis amigos. I was back in el Mexico. Yes after a four absense I returned to my second homeland. Trip number ten was one to remember, maybe for all the wrong reasons... No, it was awesome times. So for anyone who doesn't know, every spring break between 1993 and 2002 I went to mexico on a missions trip to build houses for the destitute people in and around the Tijuana area. The poverty level in Tijuana is so overwhelming it's pretty well impossible to know where to start. But some 20 years ago someone did start, and a group called Amor has been running these trips ever since and have built thousands of such houses, schools, churches, and medical buildings. Thirteen years ago when I first went on this missions trip the poverty was even worse than it is today, which is even harder to imagine. This was the first year that this fact really came to my attention, and it's a very powerful thing to know that you have been a part of changing not only one person's life, or a family's life, but bringing change to a whole people and nation. I don't say any of this as if boasting, but only to share that it is an amazing feeling to be used by God for His will. Without a doubt this is something that I will do for the rest of my able life, as long as it is in God's will, no matter what my circumstances. I learned some stuff about myself, and some stuff about Jesus and missions through the talks, and it was altogether my most memorable trip, granted also the most recent. But I will not forget any of it as I have been prompted to tattoo myself again, this time with something that will always remind me of what I have been able to be a part of in Mexico. No matter who you are if you are reading this story you need to go to Mexico on this missions trip, it will change your life. And now here are some pictures for you all to peruse.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mexico How I heart thee!!! I agree with everything in that post. It truly is something that everyone needs to experience even just once in their life.. I myself really want to do it every year as long I am able as well. Well I'm done know... given that we will probably talk tonight anyways and you already know all this
-Peace

Heather said...

Glad you had a great trip Ky

Drewfasa said...

So let's see a picture of the new tattoo dawg. Or at least a description, damn! Talk about leaving us hanging as to the nature of your new tattoo.

And Kyle, I most certainly noticed that your blog was not updated and I was much concerned. I thought you weren't going to Mexico until Easter-ish.

Anyways, I'm glad to see some new activity at 'one-night-when...' It sounds like you had a wonderful time in Mexico, good for you.

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»