Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Why I hate everything...

Now, I know my speculations haven't always been acurate in the past, like how I always think I dod bad on exams and end up fairing quite well. Well this time there's no way I'm wrong, though I hope I am. I had my Strength of Materials mid-term this morning, and it was heartbreaking. I have been doing so well in this class all year long, and I'm now dreading that I didn't even pass the exam. After leaving the test I was so bummed that I didn't ever want to go back to school. I was so down for the rest of the day I couldn't even concentrate in any of my classes, and some of the time I just played iPod solitaire. I tried doing homework when I got home from school, and I just felt dumb, no confidence. So, now I'm all negative feeling and wondering whether or not I even want to be in engineering. I don't think I've been this bummed in a long time. Luckily I have only got a half day of class tomorrow, and then I have the rest of the day to try motivate myself to finish my pant load of assignments. so, that's my update for now, I'm feeling pretty shite. Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the risk of sounding completely harsh: Adjusting to "spirit crushing" classes is just part of school and so is learning to deal with them. Sucks, I know. But it happens to the best of us. Take some time to mourn your misfortune, but then carry on. Because you're going to come across more unfair/impossible/completely ridiculous tests before you're done school. I find venting to friends to be very useful, so you're already taken the first step to recovery.
Take care, Kyle.
Cindy (who has experienced her fair share of spirit crushing courses....)

Anonymous said...

Chalk everything up to life experience. Succeed, fail, at least your doing something! And you dont necessarily have to do engineering, follow your passion