Friday, September 22, 2006

Waiting on the World to Change

What up? Well, I'm officially in the thick of it now. Something like five or six school assignments this week, crazy face. I'm headed upto RockRidge this weekend for a YL Leader/Campaigner weekend so I had to get all my homework done before the weekend. Awesome part, now I don't have any assignments duefor another week, I'm done through next Thursday, except for one computers assignment which is due I think Monday, but I'll go finish that today before I leave.

... I just took myself to the gun show, and allow me to be modest for a moment, but I have awesome muscle definition. I may not be thick, but I'm lean and defined. Tell your lady friends.

So school is getting pretty busy. I imagine soon (when stuff stops being high school review and starts being new learning) the work is going to get really piled on. I decided today that I have to teach myself Materials Technology because our teacher just isn't a good teacher; some people just weren't meant to be teachers, like those with a language barrier. And now the weather is getting pretty cold, down to like 7 degrees in the morning, so it's pretty much to cold to ride the bike, which blows.

It was a pretty short riding season it seems, maybe cuz my bike was in the shop so much. But this weekend is supposed to be back up in the twenties, and I won't be here to ride at all. Though even if I was my bike is again in repair. Nothing vital, I pretty much decided to just take it apart and do a bunch of body work on it, like fill prime and paint all the fairings. Not a small undertaking. It was rainy for a week when I started, and I think I may have inadvertently ended my season early. Sucks. But at least she'll look like a beaut. Then you will all see pictures when I get it finished.

So, I think it's understood that John Mayer is a complete tool. But I don't like to hold someone's personality and humanism against them. Waiting on the World to Change is my new favourite song. It's just so enjoyable to me. Good solid beat and the chorus is a catchy tune. I like to crank it to eleven and do a little, snap the fingers with the arms over the head and shake the hips a little, dance while I listen. Yeah, i said it, I like to shake my bon bon.


I started reading the latest Harry Potter (for the second time) near the end of the summer. I think this might have been a mistake. Not because I don't like HP, quite the opposite. The thing is I am the kind of person who can't read two books at once, I like to finish a book and then I'm done. I don't like stretching the read out over a long period of time. My brother has been reading The Oath since grade Twelve I think. Yeah, I know... But anyway, this is my quandry. I'm in the midst of the The Half Blood Prince, but alas, here is my new material for bathroom perusal...



That's right, sorry Hermione Granger, my new love is Covelent compounds and atomic structure of crystal lattice. And a spiteful mistress she is. I actually plan on taking my text book with me this weekend because I actually need to get some real reading done on this thing.

Being a college student is something totally new to me, and while it's not a bad fit there are aspects that I may have overlooked. Like stingy-ness. I have come to realise that I will be, moreso than I actually am right now, really poor at the begining of next year. And for me to survive I am gonna have to be stingy beyond all reckonning. Which is difficult for me because as I posted on Drew's blog, I am prone to impulse purchases. That's a good way to decrease your money in a hurry. I really didn't want to borrow any money for my schooling, but there's no way I'll have enough money to pay for this semester and next semester without any working time in between. But after my winter/spring term I get the rest of next year to work, so if I am really stingy I may have enough money to pay for two terms of schooling, and if all is right in the world, buy myself another sweet set of wheels (something newer and bigger). If that happens I'll be absolutely insanely happy, and you won't get the smile off my face with anything short of a punch in the nards.

With that throw back to old school genitalia nick names, I gotta go pick up some bike parts. I'm outta hur. Peace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my my. you are long-winded. and anything but modest.

Kyle Turner said...

New Rule, no anonymous postings aloud on here anymore. Sucka.

Jennylynn said...

I think you meant allowed. but good rule. (see, not a jerk.) good luck with school.

Kyle Turner said...

nope, not aloud. Post to yourself.