Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I be learned



Well, I'm back at school, and everyone is always asking, "how's it to be back at school?" Well, it's aight.

Okay I'll expand on that a bit. I thought going back to college would be really brutal and I would feel out of place because I haven't been in academic institution in four years, and I was sure math would suck. Well, counter point, it hasn't gotten brutal yet, I don't feel out of place at all, I feel as if it was my time to come back, my time to shine. ANd I think math will always suck, in my opinion, but I'm also oddly stoked about it. I'm excited to get better at math, because I've already learned much of it once, now I'm learning it again and I can't do worse, and I want to get better, so I'm oddly stoked. But I still don't like it, I'm still not that good. All the physics type classes are cool, pretty much grade 11 and 12 again, nothing really new so far. I'm pretty sure I'll own Engineering Principles and Statics classes. Computer Applications is a joke right now, they have to start so low level because they don't know where people will come from, so he's like, "this is your my documents file", and I'm in the back of the class like coding my newest web site or something stupid. I'd have to say drafting class is probably where I'm learning the most right now, wait, back tot hat in a second. Materials Techno;ogy is where I'm learning the most. It's like sensory overload. I call it Migraine Technology. It's a new course to everyone at this level, so it's just like information overload after information overload. Working with graphs and stress and strain and yield stress and ultimate stress, and now I'm stressed. That's a crazy one. Back to drafting, second most learning class I have I guess. I've never taken any sort of drafting course before so it's all new too. Right now we're doing drafting by hand before we do auto CAD stuff. It's pretty interesting, but it just proves how stupid the Americans are to still use the imperial system, and not only that, but they tried to mix the two systems, by making this one that's inches and decimals. That's not how it works, just use freeking metric you boners. METRIC RULES!!!

Now, lately I've been spending some good time updating this mother, but I haven't gotten the same courtesy from you people. All you gotta do is leave a few words in the comments, it's not that hard. I feel like no one reads this thing, and you should read it because it freeking rules. So just leave me some comment or something, it doesn't have to be deep and meaningful, just a little, "sweet dude, good to hear. (enter some small reference to said post here)." that's it, like 12 seconds if you are the slowest typer in the world.

Anyway, I gotta bounce yo. More expensive ass text books to buy. this one is gonna run me 130 bling notes. Me + a chair / being bent over = college. Good times. Later.

PS: if you find my other blog please do not post anything on it as it is for one of my school classes. Thanks.

4 comments:

Candice said...

Hi Kyle! Here is my 20 second comment to let you know that I do, indeed read your blog. In fact, I read it almost every time you post something new! School is definitely interesting... I think you described some classes quite well. Right now I'm so disorganized I don't know which way is up. Although, some of us found a pretty fun room down in the basement behind the machine grave/corpse room (every dead and dying rehab/physio machines you can imagine). The fun room even has fooz ball and pool tables. Hidden little treasure beneath one of the oldest buildings on campus, and to get to it you have to go through one of the creepiest rooms on campus. Apparently there's a ghost "Emily" that lives down there.
And this is me on the computer using up precious time that I should be reading in. So, I'd better go and walk home so I can get something done. But I wanted to say HI!

Drewfasa said...

Hey Mr. T,
I am making sure to leave a comment right away so that you don't feel like your work goes unappreciated causing you to stop updating and thus taking away one of my little pleasures. Just so that you know how keen I am on your OPJ, you should know that I use an RSS aggregator (it's called Shrook by the way, and it's free and mac-tacular!) to alert me as soon as you update your blog, and it checks every half hour so that I never have to worry about missing it and I can still leave my laptop for short periods and live a normal life.

That's sweet-o that you are enjoying school (or at least it sounds like you are in a way), I felt the exact same apprehension about going back, and felt the same way once I was there, that I couldn't have started university at a better time, and that if I'd started earlier I wouldn't have been ready.

Anyhoo, big props to you for your regular updates which I enjoy thoroughly (in fact it's my favorite of all the blogs I follow!)

Peace out dood!

Jennylynn said...

if you be so learned perhaps you should pratice your learnedness and use proper grammar. but I am glad to see that you are enjoying school. and I am glad you post regularly.

Kyle Turner said...

Your first ever should have been way earlier than this, no excuses. And don't forget to mention that I'm also poor now, as you are still aswell I'm sure. It's a student thing.