Monday, September 04, 2006

A Moment of Silence

As you read this I would ask that you please observe a moment of silence for one of my childhood heroes. Yesterday while filming a nature documentary on the Great Barier Reef, the great Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, was in through the heart by the stinger of a sting wray. He died on the scene. Steve Irwin was a fearless Australian who awed many, including myself, with his feats of animal interaction and many animal rescues. I remember I did a high school public seaking project on the great Crocodile Hunter. He was an increadible TV personality and animal activist. He was pretty much just awesome, and for a couple of years in my younger age he was one of my heroes. So, raise your glasses, to the late great Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin. May the wolrd be a more animal friendly place because of him.



No comments: