Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Two things...

First thing, not so serious. Only this, please check back to this blog on Wednesday evening (pacific standard time) for what may be considered some exciteng news. That's all I can say.

Second thing, serious indeed. My friends, as some of you may know, I have been a leader with an organization called Young Life for a number of months now. YL is a christian organization dedicated to bringing the gospel to high school kids in a way that is real to them, using many volunteer leaders, as well as staff people, to love kids and to teach them about Jesus. Well, just over a week ago, a girl named Jessica, who had attended our club regularly, was involved in an accident and sent to the hospital in serious condition. She was in a coma and had suspected brain injuries. Her condition hadn't changed and after a while and it was decided that she would be taken off of the life support machines. Jessica passed away this last weekend. I ask all of you to take a minute to please pray for her family and friends, as they are dealing with the loss. She had heard the gospel from her friends, and seen it lived in one of her good friends lives, but her recent condition of faith is unknown to us. Thank you all , and God bless.

2 comments:

Tasha Lynn said...

1. I'm kinda curious as to why we have to stay tuned.
2. I'm positive Jessica and everyone who knew her, are on all of our hearts... I know they're on mine.

Hannah said...

Hi Kyle, that is so sad, I will be in prayer for her family and the staff. I'm so sorry.
Sounds like you are a bit of a whizz kid at school these days! I can't wait for Christmas break, I spent 24 hours working on a book report paper only to realize I was writing it on the wrong book! I found out last night. Can we say FRUSTRATED?!?! Anyways, it was good to hear from you on my blog, as always! I've been a dork and developed an addiction to myspace and so have been deserting my darling blog a bit recently, but plan to change that.
I want to come to mexico with you and Drew with our hair flying in the wind!