Sunday, August 27, 2006

Beware the NARDWAR!


Check it out, I jus got back from RockRidge Canyon today (Sunday) and BEWARE THE NARDWAR! Also known as Norwalk, the deadly virus known to destroy the hopes and dreams of many seniors on cruise ships. The infestation infested the camp this summer, and we lost many a good men to the bowl, the toilet bowl that is. They had it all over the place out of both ends. It's not a pretty sight. BUt dang, other than the Nardwar, an absolutely amazing week, and I pitty anyone who didn't go. I have been to the same type of Young Life camp in my high school days, but at a different venue. I was completely partial to Malibu before this week, and I still stand by the fact that Malibu has atmosphere all over any other place on earth, but I've let go of many of my other prejudices. When I went as a camper myself, I really hadn't "come out of my shell" as it were. This week I went as a leader in a cabin of eleven guys and one other leader. It was the time of my life. RockRidge is an amazing place, filled with insane summer fun, and loads of nine square. Pool parties, disco dances, upper class dining, wake boarding, and all the other stuff I already explained come to think of it, but this time I've done it now. It was awesome being there with the high school guys and being able to have pant loads of fun with them and help lead them towards a relationship with Jesus. Cabin life was crazy (and really smelly, like the insides of some nameless horror), with sweet beats like sexyback... take it to tha bridge. Awesome clubs, giant flower fights, shaving cream and water balloon fights, slap the chicken (honest, it's not sexual), and so much more. I got soul but I'm not a soldier. Getting to know a bunch of the really cool guys in my cabin and spending time with them, playing nine square, wake boarding, and doing a lot of stuff unnecessairily shirtless come to think of it. But hey, it's summer camp. I'll throw up a bunch more pictures of the week in a separate post for y'all, and you can have a little peek at the awesomeness that is RockRidge. I know many of my listeners are also in aquaintance with one Liz Becker, whom was also in attendance at the summer camp as one of the three program directors, and did an awesome job I must say. Also really good to get to see her again. All together it was as promised. The best week of my summer. I'm planning to goto RockRidge as a summer staff for three weeks next year, as well as hopefully going as a leader again. So, check out these pictures that are here too. Peace alls.

1 comment:

Jennylynn said...

pretty sure you meant flour, not flower. but otherwise, glad to hear you had the time of your life.