Thursday, July 27, 2006

Back in the saddle

Well, it's been a while again, but I have some heavy motivation to post right now... I was bored again tonight (I know, big shocker) and so even though it's a school night (or work whatever) I decided to do something. As a little back story, I have had my bike into the shop twice in recent history for porblematic problems, but it still didn't work right. So I had done some research on the problem lately and found a little bit of help but still wasn't motivated to try fix the problem myself. But tonight for some reason I decided I would do it. So I found out that last time I had the bike into the shop the stupid dood who worked on it pinched my fuel line, and nearly wrecked the airbox boots that attach to the carbs, because he didn't attach themn correctly. So, I remedied those teo problems fairly easily, but was sceptical as to whether or not that would fix the problem since I'd had it working and then stop before. So after a few nervous laps past our house I dared to go to the gas station to top up the fuel. Everything seemed to be running properly so I went out for a real ride around town. Picked up a friend and gave 'er a little two-up, and the green machine was spectacular. I am so releaved and surprised that it was such a simple fix, it's so good to be back on the bike again, not to mention have my own vehicle again, since I still have no car. I also recently bought a new apple lap top for school and an iPod to boot, so I'll have tunes soon too. After a crappy few couple of days it's finally been some long awaited good vibes, and I'm really in a pretty good mood. I can't wait to get out this weekend and really give 'er on the bike, being able to ride it when I go out is way nicer when I'm not worried about if it will get me home or not. Anywho, that's my news yo's, peace.

5 comments:

Drewfasa said...

Super sweet dude. I'm glad you are having good vibes. The vibes in Leeds are pretty lame right now. There is no jobs, and the people are basically freaks.

I can't believe how dumb your mechanic must be! You should go down there and tell him to do the driving public a favor and go find a new line of work, seriously :)

I was much excited when i saw your post and your comment on my OPJ.

BTW, I'm going to be in Canada from August 6th to 20th, wanna come to Calgary or somethin? In my father's house there are many rooms...and we could have barbecues and you could take me for a 'just-friends' ride on your bike.

Candice said...

Yay! I'm glad it's working now! And with such little frusteration... I'm starting to have a renewed appreciation for motorbikes. Perhaps one day I'll actually ride one. How is the rest of your summer? Whenever I read your blog I wonder what else is going on in your life...
*head bunt* to the shoulder

Heather said...

Hey Kyle, I got the new mac book 13" white... is it the same as you?

Drewfasa said...

Hey you guys got macbooks too? I freaking love mine, but I had to upgrade to 2GB RAM coz Micro$oft office is super, duper slow on intel Macs with only 512RAM. I had to sell many of my most precious possesions, but now my macbook is the fastest thing ever:) Like, so fast that my icons don't even bounce when I start an application. It's just like "wham" and its up. Also, tell me if your guyses macbooks get stained on the palm rest because that is a big problem with macbooks. Also, Kyle, have you got the awesome lightsaber and x-wing widgets, or do you not like Star Wars? Sorry, for some reason I've been so incredibly stoked on my macbook, its just so much better than my old Sony laptop, and it cost about 1/3 the price. Awesome!!

ps- Kyle, I downloaded V for Vandetta and watched it (on my Macbook) with Beth, at your recommendation. It was awesome, except the stupid thing where it turned out V was torturing Natalie Portman everyday for a year, and he was all like "yes, you might hate me, but I had to do it to make you stronger so you could survive...etc."

Other than that though we both thought it was sweet, especially when they talked about the riots in Leeds, and we were like "yeah, Leeds sucks."

Hey, we're coming to Canada on Sunday, what're you up to? We're there 'till the 20th.

Heather said...

Hey Drewfasa and Ky,
Yeah I love my macbook I still need to upgrad the ram becasue mine is a little slow but I don't run any office programs I'm just using the text edit program if I need to write a document witch isn't too often because I'm not in school or anything. I haven't noticed the staining on the the rests yet... but I guess I'll just keep my finger tips really clean... no cheesey when surfing the weeb for me. Darn'it.